As I said in class, pick one or two tools that you’d like to play around with more in class on Thursday.  In a comment or a blog post linked to this post indicate which tools you want us to spend some more time with (and, if there’s some particular aspect you’ve had problems with, what about those tools you’d like to spend more time on).  Okay, that’s enough phrases ending in prepositions….

12 Comments so far

1.    Nikole Wellman on January 29, 2008 8:28 pm

The first question I have is How do you send bookmarks to people through delicious?

2.    amyb on January 29, 2008 8:59 pm

I really liked the mashups we looked at today. I would like to play around more with those and try to make my own. For the Markers project, I can imagine running pictures of the markers and images that go along with the markers set to music. It could be a cool effect for the home page of our website.

3.    nwellman on January 29, 2008 9:07 pm

I figured out how to send bookmarks to people so it is not necessary to talk about delicious on my account. I would also like to know more about mashup’s.

4.    Mary’s blog » We’re all tools on January 30, 2008 10:52 am

[...] Link like this?  [...]

5.    roxanne on January 30, 2008 12:29 pm

I would like to look at Omeka again. I still am not clear on whether it is an all or nothing proposition when using it with other applications.

6.    Elle on January 30, 2008 3:10 pm

I would also to like to look at Omeka again, I know I want to use it but I am worried that I don’t know enough about it yet. Thanks.

7.    cbiddle on January 30, 2008 5:26 pm

**This is from my blog. Dr. McClurken, have you disabled trackback? I pinged this twice yesterday, and obviously, nothing happened**

After Andy Rush’s presentation today on new media, I think that there are a couple good tools for us to focus on, at least for my group.

One of the things that the James Farmer group is talking about in our Google doc is creating a mashup after Andy introduced us to them today. I personally think that it’s a good idea, and want to know who suggested it, because I think a mashup would be a great intro to our final exhibit. :-)

With that in mind, of the tools we saw today, I think that we need to focus on stuff like jamendo (which I’m listening to right now) and file converters like zamzar and media converter.

With that said, as far as problems, Andy also mentioned movie software for PC’s, but didn’t go into the details. I would like someone to go into the details because I don’t know anything about this.

8.    Andrea on January 30, 2008 9:24 pm

I’m tuning into this a tad late (since my computer is currently in IBM’s equivalent of the ICU), but I also think more practice with Omeka will be beneficial. I’m also kind of curious about the Xtimeline link on your blog. I haven’t created an account or anything, but it looked like something that could be useful.

9.    » Two Tools to Rule Them All…or not. The Mud Pit on January 30, 2008 10:07 pm

[...] response to the post, for Thursday I’d like to take a closer look at Omeka and possibly mash-up [...]

10.    jlfeldhaus on January 30, 2008 10:43 pm

Omeka and movie mash-ups please. I’m not so much interested in how to do it, but about whether there are less restrictive movie making sites out there, and how to find them.

11.    Talya on January 31, 2008 1:13 am

I really want to learn more about Omeka. I think it will help with our projects!

12.    lmeissne on January 31, 2008 9:24 am

I am interested in looking at Omeka again.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind